Thursday, October 27, 2011

POKES AND POSTS - Mrs. Bowen's Class Part 2

I did not get the chance to answer all your questions this morning, so this is to Alexis, Chris, Jaquaveon, Keynia, Symag, Tyler

The Grand Canyon:  I have visited the Grand Canyon before, but will not have time on this trip to visit it again.  Someday, I hope to come and see it again.   The Grand Canyon is a beautiful and worth a visit.  Take sometime to look research the canyon on the Internet and look at some of the pictures.  See the colors, the trees, the river, the shape of the rocks.  See if you can find a picture of the donkeys or mules that can take people down into the canyon. 

The Pets:  The dogs are adjusting to California.  It is a little different.  Where live in NC they had lots of space to run and roam.  Here, they have a small backyard in which to play or they have to be walked on a leash because of the traffic.  

Oil Rig Pumping:  The oil rigs pump oil out of the ground and into a pipe to move it to a refinery, or a plant to process the oil so it is usable. 

General Questions:  I haven't really had a favorite thing to do since I have been here.   I have enjoyed the scenery and seeing all the different things. You asked if California is Cool?  I didn't know if you meant cool like the weather or cool like "neat."  So I will answer your question both ways.  The weather at night is cool.  Dips down to the 40s and then it is up in the 70s/80s during the day.  As to whether it is neat, yes.  There are a lot of things to see and do, but I like the quiet pace of NC.

We will be leaving California to return to NC sometime around the 17th of November.  I will be back at school the week after Thanksgiving, so I will see you in the halls then.  Once we return home, we will have traveled about 6000-6500 miles.  A long way!

Thanks for your questions.  More to come.  See you!

No comments: